DC Motors and Servomotors
Class 8: 24 May
(1) DC motors (4.5V from the battery pack). Full speed only (ie on/off). Forward only: using relay.
(2) Making a LED vary in brightness. “Pulse Width Modulation.”
You need 3 AAA Batteries in your battery holder !!!!!
Download DRC2.INO from the scripts page for your arduino.
Class 9: 7 June
Arduino. Driving a bidirectional DC motor (or two) at varying speeds with PWM and H-Bridge.
- Battery: RED side (+4.5V) to hBridge “VCC”
- Battery: BLACK side (gnd/0V) to hBridge “GND”
- Link Battery BLACK (gnd) also to arduino GND
- Arduino “+5″ – no connection this time
- hBridge A-iA to Arduino D11
- hBridge A-iB to Arduino D8
- hBridge B-iA to Arduino D5
- hBridge B-iB to Arduino D3
- Motors (1 or 2) to screw terminals: “motor A and motor B”
(motor polarity – doesnt matter)
Scripts hbridge2.ino and drc21.ino (see scripts page)
Class 10: 21 June
Operating a “RC” servo motor. on arduino.
Class 11: 5 July
Raspberry Pi: Driving a bidirectional DC motor at varying speeds. Operating a “RC” servo motor.
Class 12: 19 July – SPECIAL TOPIC
Raspberry Pi: Refer to new “BS2.img” SD version HERE.
- Keeping your OS all upgraded / up-to-date
- Adding/removing software packages
- “Burning” the operating system image to your own SD card